Quote of the...

" [speaking of slavery] I am aware that many object to the severity of my language; but is there not cause for severity? I will be as harsh as truth, and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not wish to think, or to speak, or write, with moderation. No! no! Tell a man whose house is on fire to give a moderate alarm; tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hands of the ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from the fire into which it has fallen; – but urge me not to use moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest – I will not equivocate – I will not excuse – I will not retreat a single inch – AND I WILL BE HEARD. The apathy of the people is enough to make every statue leap from its pedestal, and to hasten the resurrection of the dead."

William Lloyd Garrison, “To the Public,” from the Inaugural Editorial in the 1 January 1831 The Liberator

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Untitled

Jesus' decision to leave heaven meant him leaving home



He left 10,000 angels constantly declaring his glory,



To be received by 10,000 men that scorned his name.



He abandoned his fame in heaven,



To be unknown.



He turned his back on security and eternal light,



To embrace the insecurity of man and the darkness of this world.



He left the uncontested knowledge of his Father's love,



To learn what deception man faces about God.



He left complete experiential knowledge of the nature of His Father



To live a life of faith



He left his glorious body that could never be destroyed



To be a slobbering, drooling baby, a man, made of dust.



He left a land of no pain



To experience excruciating pain.



He left eternal bliss,



To become a man of sorrows.





He left his home, security, glory, honor, power, bliss.





To declare: I LOVE YOU! The Living God loves you!





He ripped the veil of lies: You are worthless, you can't please God,





God hates you, your words have no value to God, He does not hear you,





He doesn't love you, look at your life.





He proclaimed, NO! Those are not lies, I will leave everything! Finally,





TRUTH!





TRUTH REIGNS!





THE KINGDOM OF LIGHT IS HERE





I LOVE YOU, I WANT TO BE WITH YOU!





All I gave up the security, honor, fame, glory, and bliss, so that you can have it, I want to be shared, I want you to know life! I created you to know life!





I AM YOUR GOD AND I DO LOVE YOU!





COME AND BE WITH ME!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

New Post already *&$$^#. You know what that says. LOL!

Daniel W said...

let's go back to sbisa and get some breakfast and talk. is this possible?