Quote of the...

" [speaking of slavery] I am aware that many object to the severity of my language; but is there not cause for severity? I will be as harsh as truth, and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not wish to think, or to speak, or write, with moderation. No! no! Tell a man whose house is on fire to give a moderate alarm; tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hands of the ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from the fire into which it has fallen; – but urge me not to use moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest – I will not equivocate – I will not excuse – I will not retreat a single inch – AND I WILL BE HEARD. The apathy of the people is enough to make every statue leap from its pedestal, and to hasten the resurrection of the dead."

William Lloyd Garrison, “To the Public,” from the Inaugural Editorial in the 1 January 1831 The Liberator

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Crown of Thorns

The power of the mind is ridiculous. Now I am just diving into checking out the power of the mind, however, I know that it has great control over me and how I live. I would love to find some proven info about the mind, but I cannot find any (so if anyone can find some that'd be great). I was praying the other day as I was meditating on the death of Jesus on the cross, more specifically that he was wearing the crown of thorns. Jesus die on the cross for all the times that we have turned away. He was crushed for our sins, beaten for our healing, pierced for our "issues", our sin, and much the same he had the crown of thorns slammed on his head to restore our minds. He longed for our minds to have a right view of God. He hated that our minds had been deceived into thinking that he was a distant angry, sad, and mad God. Our minds and understanding had/have been darkened by, the liar, by the ruler of the kingdom of the air. He, the devil, wants us to feel condemnation for our sin. Jesus however, does not. He came to nullify sin and make it nothing between us and the Father, but our mind due to lies and the deception of the world that is in and outside the church have kept us in bonds to our sin. I believe that the mind is directly linked to believing. For instance, as a believer I am called a son of God due to the spirit of adoption that has been given to me. However, if my mind is deceived and does not think that I will not believe it. Now, the truth of the matter is I am a son of the Living God, but I not letting my mind dwell on the truth so I go with my felt and known experience. Jesus paid for my mind, by wearing the humiliating, excruciatingly painful crown that dug into his skull. As time went by I am sure it became a dull agonizing type of pain, the kind we simply live with and almost forget that it is there, until the crown hit the cross again and sent a sharp pain to his body. O how often, I wear a crown of thorns, only it is a crown of condemnation and lies. I slowly become use to this crown that pokes me and stabs me and think it is my lot in life. No, Jesus took the agony of pain on his head, in his mind. He bore all of my trash. I don't have to anymore. I have a new mind, the mind of Christ. Jesus knew he was loved, everywhere he walked and everything he did came from a place of love. I have the mind of Christ to see the impossible and do it.

No comments: